Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

# Tissot-PRC200 Men Watch Review

Tissot-PRC200 Men Watch

Tissot Men's T17151632 T-Sport PRC200 Watch


Positive Review: 

> November 27, 2012
Let me start with the watch strap, there has been a lot of discussion on this. I hope my review shall put it to rest. I understand leather, have had quite an experience watch straps. This is not PLASTIC it's Leather and the watch looks beautiful. I am very happy with the buy and hat's off Amazon they do APO's.

> November 15, 2012
This Tissot watch is absolutely one of the greatest Amazon values offered. I was drawn to the shear simplicity of it's design and elegance of style with the black face, subtle yellow hands, and black alligator band (yes,real alligator, not plastic as some reviews have claimed). But the actual watch is better than the description and picture. The case is heavy and solid, the clasp on the band easy to adjust and comfortable, and it keeps flawless time. The presentation is also impressive coming in a study box, encased on a pillow, manuals in each side compartment, and even several books cleverly integrated in the back. It's humorous to have read the reviews of those unfamiliar with this type of clasp and not realizing both sides open up to slip over their wrist. I didn't spend 30 sec. adjusting the band and setting the correct time and date, ready to wear immediately. I actually paid less than $240 once I applied for an Amazon credit card and received an immediate $50 credit to the cost of the already great price it was advertised for. What a find, what a terrific value considering it's Swiss made, Tissot brand, and great looks.

 

Negative Review: 

> October 15, 2012
Although the watch is good but I had to return it since the strap was bit complex and way too small.
Its definitely not mens size.

> May 23, 2012
I bought this watch for about $290 and was beyond excited when it arrived. I found a few problems that prompted me to return it, however. Please note that I'm kind of a dilettante when it comes to watches :/

The good:

-The styling is great. As some other reviewers have pointed out, the way the styling blends casual and semi-formal looks gives the watch a very dignified, yet relaxed, look.
-Tissot as a brand is pretty old and reasonably respected, though its branding is more associated with being a "value" rather than luxury watch.
-Pretty cool case with a tiny pillow inside.
-Sapphire

The bad:

-The case is thicker than indicated. 12mm instead of 10mm.
-The second hand (not the chronograph hand)gave me a pretty big headache and prompted me to return the watch. Between 14 and 30 seconds, the hand would stick and stutter, occasionally going backwards. I did some research and came to the conclusion that it's either a manufacturing defect or that battery is low. I won't know for sure because I didn't want to deal with taking it to a horologist/deal with warranty if it was a manufacturing defect. Either way, QC failed to catch it. Additionally, as some have pointed out, the second hand isn't quite aligned with the markings (a problem that is inherent with quartz watches of low-mid level quality).

Not sure if I'll buy again.

Tissot-PRC200 Men Watch

See More Review about Tissot-PRC200 Men Watch

 

1 comment: