Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

# Casio-SGW100-1V Men Watch Review


Casio-SGW100-1V Men Watch

 

Casio Men's SGW100-1V Digital Compass Twin Sensor Sport Watch

 

Positive Review: 

> December 28, 2012
This is a good looking watch for the price. The compass works great, but like others said, it only stays on for a few seconds to give a reading, then shuts off. Regarding the temp reading, you need to take the watch off to get a somewhat accurate reading. Whenever it's on my arm, it always shows around 85 degrees F. Take it off for about 10 minutes, and the reading is more accurate.

> December 4, 2012
What I like most about this watch is the face of it. I work at a job that has often times caused me to scratch the lens with very little effort... this one seems much more solid than most of the cheaper watches I would buy. Pay attention to the compass, as it doesn't always point north, but it will tell you what direction it is pointing. Weird... maybe I've set it wrong? The light on it works well enough, highlights the actual numbers instead of the background... which is kind of cool... but the darker it is, the easier it'll be to see.

 

Negative Review: 

> December 19, 2012
This is a great watch, except for two very annoying things. First, the watchband. What genius decided that a man's watch should have a band that catches and rips out arm hairs? I mean, REALLY, did anyone with hairy arms actually test this?? There is a pivot where the band attaches to the case, and this pivot has a bit of the band that covers it. But when the band flexes it opens and closes a gap there that perfectly catches stray arm hairs like a tweezers, yanking them out when you move your wrist. I have a freaking BALD spot on my wrist now. The second issue is with the compass... it needs calibration. Well, that's to be expected really. What I didn't expect is that the calibration procedure would be so time consuming, or that it would expire every 30 days. Yeah, the calibration expires every 30 days, no matter what. This pretty much ensures that, unless you use that feature often (and if you use it more than a couple times a month just buy a real compass - seriously) it's going to require calibration before you can use it. Those two issues have turned this from a nice watch that I enjoy using to "that POS hair puller at the end of my arm that I wish would die so I could return it and get something else".

> December 12, 2012
This is a very poorly made product. Casio says the temp may take several minutes to read, even when moving between two temperatures with a large difference (such as warm indoors to cool outdoors). It does not. I went from 70 degrees indoors, to 40 degrees outdoors. I even took it off of my wrist in case my body temperature was affecting it. The temperature changed from 68 degrees to 66 degrees after 20 minutes. So I guess it at least knew it was getting colder but thats it. Calibration as instructed did nothing to resolve this issue.
The compass is just as bad. In one direction it was 10-20 degrees off, then just turing around slightly it would read as much as 80-90 degrees off. Again tried to calibrate in both ways listed in the directions, multiple times. This did nothing to solve the issue.
I was really counting on this for an upcoming dive. For the same money I could have gotten a basic analog compass and a fish tank thermomter and been much more acurate. Very disapointing. Do not buy this product for its compass and thermometer as they simply don't work.

 
Casio-SGW100-1V Men Watch

 

See More Review about Casio-SGW100-1V Men Watch

 

1 comment:

  1. :):)WATCHES



    [url=http://www.in38.co.uk]omega seamaster watches[/url]
    [url=http://www.ohuk.co.uk/]armani for sale[/url]
    [url=http://www.formtime.co.uk/]rolex ladies watch[/url]
    [url=http://www.mxracers.com/]replica ROLEX[/url]
    [url=http://www.fullwatch.org]Gros Cartier Montres[/url]

    ReplyDelete