Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

# Invicta-9212 Watch Review

Invicta-9212 Men Watch

Invicta-9212 Men Watch


Invicta Men's 9212 Speedway Collection Chronograph S Watch


Positive Review:

> February 25, 2013
This watch has become my daily driver. It's lightweight and looks like a significantly more expensive model. I believe it was modelled after one of the Rolex watches, but the name escapes me at the moment. The only flaw I have found are that the tiny black letters on the gold outer ring start to disappear with time, leaving only the engraving behind, though they are still readable. Love this watch. If you are on the fence, get it!

> February 20, 2013
I only just received this watch and am highly impressed by its looks and weight.
On one hand it feels like a professional piece and on the other its size and careful use of the gold circlets and surround of the unit makes it look like an expensive dress watch.
I usually do not like the blend of gold and silver on bracelets but this watch married the colour and design very well, and I like it.

The only negative I have is that the stop watch function had me baffled as I expected the sweep second hand to stop /go rather than the small circlet at 6 O' clock.
The function here is a bit fidgety but it does not really worry me as I did not but it to measure speed/time, I bought it because it was so well priced I just had to buy it and am pleased I did.
I like a watch to feel solid and weighty and this one is just that, looks great without being too ostentatious.

> February 12, 2013
Delivery - Although I ordered in standard shipping, I recieved the package in USPS Priority Mail. It didn't matter though, since all my packages sent through USPS gets stuck in Hawaii for a week anyway.

Package - It came in a bubble wrap bag. The watch itself was in a yellow box. A really yellow box. No damages, so I'm satisfied.

Item - After reading several reviews, I realized that Invicta sells several models for 9212. The newer comments seemed to have lower ratings compared to reviews written three-four years ago. The newer models seemed to be made of cheaper materials resulting in poor reviews. I don't know which model I recieved yet, but I hope it was the older one. I decided to buy it through Amazon Global and from a third party seller that was slightly more expensive than the original price (in my hopes to get a better model. lol.)

Ok the actual review of the Invicta 9212: the color was much darker than in the picture. The gold was much darker, and the silver had a heavier look. For some this may not be a problem, but I did not like the difference. The gold and silver has not peeled off yet ( this seemed to be popular problem in recent reviews). The batteries were alive, and nothing was broken or missing. Chronograph was functioning properly too. The band was too long for me, so I needed to have it adjusted. The crowns could be properly adjusted and moved.

So far, I am satisified. For a watch that is sold for under hundred bucks, I think 9212 is doing pretty good. Let's see how long it will last.


Negative Review:

> February 21, 2013
Okay so I just got this watch in the mail today, and I intend to give it to my boyfriend for our one year anniversary. I am slightly disappointed about it because the face looks a lot more chunky in proportion to the band in the picture than it is in real life. In real life, they're both not as wide as they seem. Also, it looks like it has scuff marks on it? Really? There was this weird white speck thing on it too... That came off. I don't know if the scuff marks are from that cellophane stuff they put on it, but it does look scuffed up. I am a little disappointed, but if my boyfriend likes it I will post again, and retract my statement but again, I was expecting more.

Also, something that kind of makes me mad: At the same time I bought a $20 XOXO brand watch, which has a TEN year warranty which is awesome for a $20 watch. This one has ONE year? For EIGHTY BUCKS? Really? That disappoints me too, and makes me wonder-will this watch start breaking down after a year and that's why the warranty is so short? That seems sketchy, if this was a great product than they should have a longer warranty which is why I am wondering. This is a post-thought, if I had noticed the warranty before I bought it I probably would have gone to a different brand.

> February 7, 2013

Opened the box, WOW! It is drop dead gorgeous! Read the instructions, attempted to follow same. Fergitaboutit! Both Chronograph buttons frozen solid. Guess I could of worn it as a time piece only except it would have aggravated me every time I looked at it. Then noted it was running when I opened the box. Hmmmmmmm, a previous return methinks. Back to Amazon with it, no more for me.

Visit store to see product video: Invicta-9212 Men Watch

Product Video: Invicta-9212

 

See More Review about Invicta-9212 Men Watch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment