Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

# Citizen-BL8000-54L Watch Review

Citizen-BL8000-54L Men Watch

Citizen-BL8000-54L Men Watch


Citizen Men's BL8000-54L Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Perpetual Calendar Watch


Positive Review:

> February 27, 2013
I don't know much about watches, but my fiance had been talking about this for a long time now. His birthday came up so I decided to order it for him. It arrived a week earlier than it was suppose to which is awesome and I couldn't wait to give it to him so I gave it to him early. He opened it and all I heard for the next 5 minutes was "Oh my god, it's so sexy. Oh my god, it's so sexy." Haha. I am very happy I purchased this watch. He hasn't even taken it out of the house yet, but had to call his mom and brag about it! Haha.

The watch itself is a little complicated, but thank god they send a step by step DVD disc that explains how to set everything. Also the links on the watch were extra big, but no big deal. Were gonna bring it to our jeweler to get that fixed so he can wear it this weekend. :)

> February 16, 2013
I recently had left my watch at the gym. I went back to get it or to see if someone had turned it in, but I was unable to recover it. I used it as an everyday watch because the battery never runs out and I never had to worry about setting it or adjusting for Daylight Saving Time. It was my perfect watch so I bought the exact same model that I was used to in order to replace the one I had lost. It is very convenient and practical because once you set it for the very first time, you never have to worry about it for the rest of your life. A wonderfully built piece of craftsmanship!!

> February 1, 2013
I bought this watch last summer on a cruise ship and then unfortunately it got lost. There wasn't even a question in my mind to buy it again. Its absolutely the best watch I've ever owned. Keeps great time - I didn't have to adjust it once. The perpetual calendar feature is great...no more fiddling around to get the date right at the end of the 30 or 28 day months. The local time function is awesome on trips and it makes coming back home a breeze. And the look is fantastic too. Great size and I love the dark navy/silver look on the face. I couldn't recommend this watch enough.


Negative Review:

> February 24, 2013
I love the idea of a watch that doesn't need batteries and uses light for charging, but these watches just aren't reliable. I bought an expensive titanium EcoDrive and after 6 years it needed an entirely new movement, for $90 to $180 cost, depending on who did the work. By comparison, I have a Seiko solar that is 12 years old and runs like a watch. If you check the web, you'll find that these EcoDrive watches actually do have a battery, which they just renamed a 'power cell' that is what stores the charge, and they also go bad, so don't think this watch won't need repair. I would caution anyone about sending Citizen watches to Hurley Roberts for repair, they wanted twice as much as sending directly to Citizen.

> February 3, 2013
It's a very nice watch and I've been using it for more than 3 years now. I bought it from Kohls when they had a 30% coupon, so I got it for around $200 after all the discounts and cash backs. It has been running perfectly ever since. The blue dial is darker than pictured and is almost black, but looks great.

Now the problem. It's a scratch magnet. The dial window is supposed to be a hardened mineral, but it looks like acrylic after 3 years of use. It has lot of scratches all over it. May be I use it rough, but my 4 year old Skagen that cost me $50 does not have even a single scratch on the glass! For a $300 watch, I would expect a sapphire window or at least a harder material.

2 stars for the movement. -3 for the materials.


Visit store to see product video: Citizen-BL8000-54L Men Watch

Product Video: Citizen-BL8000-54L


See More Review about Citizen-BL8000-54L Men Watch


No comments:

Post a Comment