Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

# Casio-G100-1BV Watch Review

Casio-G100-1BV Men Watch

Casio-G100-1BV Men Watch


Casio Men's G100-1BV G-Shock Classic Ana-Digi Watch


Positive Review:

> February 24, 2013
I love this watch, and I'll keep this short. Modes includes a stop watch, alarm, military and regular time, as well as the date on the digital display which can be backlit. The minute and hours hands are coated in a glow in the dark material too.

I love that there is a raised up rubberized border that protects the watch face. You cant scratch this thing by regular wear as far as I can tell. This means you could even wear the watch upside down if that's your thing and you would never have to worry about scratching up the face when resting your arm on a table or something.

People complain about the placement of the digital display and the minute and hour hands blocking the digital time, but that's a very stupid complaint if you stop to think about what a clock is: there will always be a window of time when the display is obstructed by one or both hands.

I like how how this watch is feature rich, yet looks pretty low-profile too. I was worried about the red text bothering me but I actually like it.

The watch is not too big at all, I'd say a medium size, and is very light. As a matter of fact, for the most part I haven't taken it off since I got it. I can fall asleep with it on my wrist and not notice.

There is a graphic-type image that you might not be able to see in the photos that occupies the black space above the digital display. I'm convinced that it has no purpose and I think the watch would look a lot nicer without it but it is certainly not something that will distract you unless you really look for it. It's not enough of a gripe to consider a different watch IMHO.

Design + features = success. This is the G-Shock to get on the cheaper end of the spectrum.

> February 22, 2013
I have two other watches. A stainless steel Bulova and a leather strapped Movado Bold. Both tend to be more luxury, special occasion wear rather than casual, everyday wear although I am getting the Movado out more often. So, I was in the market for a functional, comfortable, durable, casual and good looking watch I could wear everyday. This Casio G-Shock fits the bill.

Out of my three watches, the G-Shock is the best in terms of comfort and fit. It's not heavy on your wrist, and the fit is just right where the watch is not too tight and not too loose. For me, that is having the watch strap at 6 notches. The plastic resin material that most of the watch is made of is smooth and very flexible so the watch can adjust to your movements.

I really like the blend of analog and digital on the display. It's a nice look, and the digital display also serves other purposes in fulfilling the alarm, stopwatch, and date functions as well as time. The analog hands are synchronized with the digital numbers so when it's 4:15 on the digital display, the hands will also show 4:15
In terms of functionality, everything works, but you will probably have to look at the instruction manual at least once to figure it out. After that, using the functions of the watch is easy.
I don't worry about the watch in terms of durability because it is G-Shock. Water resistant to 200 meters and obviously built to withstand shocks to the casing of the watch.

The overall size of the watch and its face are small, and this is good for me because I do prefer small and medium watches rather than large ones. A small con is that at times, the analog hands will partly block the digital display. But I don't see this as a big deal because you can still tell what the time is.

I would recommend this watch!

> February 7, 2013
Initially I was looking to purchase a Luminox navy seal dive watch but I refrained because of its price. The main thing that attracted me towards the Luminox watch was its durability. I wanted to purchase a watch that could withstand the risks of day to day wear in all conditions (outdoors, exercising, everything). I am thoroughly impressed with this product.

1) Super light weight. I was concerned at first because I thought it would be bulky and heavy. It is surprisingly light and has a very solid feel to it. The band is very comfortable and strong. I've sweated in this thing several times and it does not leave a nasty smell like the leather bands.
2) Looks good. I can wear this while working out, going downtown, with any business casual attire. It is CLEAN! I have gotten numerous comments about it too.
3) Durable. I have already banged it into desk corners, door jams. It has been with me during drunken nights. I can be pretty wreckless with it and not have to worry about damage. (this is super important...if I bought the Luminox watch, I would be super protective about it not because of questionable durability, but because I spent a ton of money on it).
4) Easy to use. Setting the time, adjusting time zones. Super easy.

Potential problem areas:
1) Setting the time requires you to hold a button down and it only moves in one direction. It takes a little while longer to set the time initially but in my opinion it is not a big deal at all. (maybe like another minute or two of your time max).
2) Because this is primarily an analog watch, it does obstruct the digital aspect of the watch at certain times. Not a big deal to me because you can still read it if you tilt the watch a certain direction. If your really invested in using the stopwatch, another timezone, or anything related to the digital function, I would recommend purchasing a DIGITAL watch.


Negative Review:

> February 24, 2013
This is my first Casio watch, which I bought as a casual sports watch. Being a runner, I am not to happy with the small display area for the Stop Watch function, which is hard to see at times when the hour and minutes hands are between the 4 and 8 positions. This is also the same problem I get when trying to use the night light function to check time when it is dark.

> February 8, 2013
The two biggest problems I have with this watch are the lack of a second hand, you do get a second readout in the digital display but I find this almost useless. Also if you shine a flashlight on the each face it is readable in dark but after a short time it is no longer readable which is very bad for me so I very rarely ware this watch at night.

> February 7, 2013
I loved the watch but it looks ridiculously small on my wrist that I had to give it to my son gladly. After measuring the dial I found out that it measures 29 mm and not 44 as advertised on Amazon. What a dissapointment for me and a delight for my son.


Visit store to see product video: Casio-G100-1BV Men Watch

Product Video: Casio-G100-1BV


See More Review about Casio-G100-1BV Men Watch


No comments:

Post a Comment