Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

# Casio-GW500A-1V Watch Review

Casio-GW500A-1V G-Shock Watch

Casio-GW500A-1V G-Shock Watch


Casio GW500A-1V G-Shock Atomic Solar Watch

 

Positive Review:

> February 16, 2013
I love this watch. I've only had it a few weeks but couldn't be happier.

I have a habit of rapidly breaking watches. Typically because I end up whacking it on a door jam as I walk between rooms. I also wear my watch 24 hours a day including showering, washing dishes, etc.

This thing is great! It syncs nightly without issue. The book says to leave it in a window but I sleep in the basement with it on and it syncs fine 90% of the time (I live in MN, ymmv on the east coast).

The multiple alarms are great. I have one for myself, one for getting my kid on the bus, and one for picking her up.

I typically wear short sleeves or roll my cuffs up so I'm not sure if charging will be an issue. The battery is still fully charged obviously.

All told, this watch is a great value.

> February 15, 2013
This is a rugged watch to which you simply don't have to do much of anything, ever. As long as it gets a little light once in a while, and can connect (automatically, in the middle of the night) to the atomic clock in Colorado to set itself, it does its job of telling you the exact time better than pretty much any other watch on the planet. To be frank, Tag Heuer, Seiko and Rolex are less accurate, and you'll spend more on maintaining one of those watches than on buying this one (not to mention the fact that you'll likely be afraid of damaging those). I personally like things that I can trust, that I don't have to fuss with, and that are cost-effective. This watch easily meets all three of those criteria. The auto-electroluminescent feature is great. It automatically lights up in the dark when you raise your arm more than 40 degrees, which is very handy when you don't want to press a button to know the time. The band is very strong, light and comfortable, and it's stylish enough to wear for any occasion. I'm very pleased.

> February 8, 2013
I bought a Casio watch after my wife suggested that I buy one so I didn't have to keep pulling out my phone to check the time. She has used Casio watches for years and pointed me in this direction. I couldn't be happier with this watch. Nearly indestructible, chemical resistant, water resistant, and simple interface all adds up to a great watch for anyone in any situation. Great for working out, outdoor use or just everyday wear. Sleek and styling black color and comfortable fit. Would highly recommend.

> February 5, 2013
This is a remarkable watch at an incredibly low price. Right out of the box, which arrived in only 3 days, the watch was already set to the right day, date and time. And if it continues to work as promised, I should never need to adjust it. This is the second Casio atomic I've purchased. If I check this one against the old one, they are at precisely the same time, to the second. The first one has worked flawlessly for the past 7 years. This one is a bit lighter in weight but otherwise the same as the first. I'll never buy another watch that's not atomic. Just a great product. I especially recommend this watch to technophobes because there is nothing to do, no adjustments to make, and there never will be any. Obviously, you'll need to adjust the alarm, if you want to use it. But if you just want the date and time, correct to the nearest second, this watch will give it to you, and you'll never need to doubt its accuracy.

> February 3, 2013
If you are looking for a solar powered & atomic powered watch without all the frills, this is it!! I used to have a much bigger Casio Paw1200....you know, the one with the barometer, the altimeter, the thermometer, the compass....blah, blah, blah.. in other words - CRAP I NEVER ENDED UP USING. Well, the band broke on it and to replace it is not cheap. I decided to see if there was a watch out there that still had the convenient solar & atomic time features on it and was not going to be a wallet buster. i found the answer to that question with this watch.

PROS: solar powered!! atomic time!!! Gshock casing & styling, decent price

CONS: the lettering on the face dial is a little small ..... so get familiar with your watch to know what you are looking at.


Negative Review:

> February 6, 2013
This watch charged & held the charge all day for the first month, now doing the same as when it was new it will hold a charge for about an Hour to Hour & 1/2


Casio-GW500A-1V G-Shock Watch

Casio-GW500A-1V G-Shock Watch


See More Review about Casio-GW500A-1V G-Shock Watch


No comments:

Post a Comment