Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

# Invicta-6621 Watch Review

Invicta-6621 Men Watch

Invicta-6621 Men Watch


Invicta Men's 6621 II Collection Chronograph Stainless Steel Blue Dial Watch


Positive Review:

> February 12, 2013
My wife bought me this watch for my birthday. She paid about $75 for it.

The good: Considering the price, you get a pretty decent watch. It's quartz, so it's accurate. The case is stainless steel, and is quite hefty. The large, blue dial and bezel look very attractive. Some have complained that the bezel markings don't line up properly, but my watch was perfect in this regard. The bezel is tight, and rotates smoothly. The bracelet matches the styling of the watch, has an attractive, engraved clasp, and feels pretty sturdy. I like how the second hand sweep advances in quarter-second increments when in chronograph mode, making it operate like a much more expensive watch. I've purchased more expensive watches that had worse alignment between the second hand and dial indices. This is perfect on mine. The watch comes in a nice box, which I really don't care about. But some people probably do.

The nitpicks: All of the photos I've seen of the watch don't really show that the dial numerals are chrome. In the right light, it looks good. But in many situations, they reflect dark colors from the surroundings, making the watch hard to read. The hands have white paint on them, but are not luminous. The tachymeter has numbers, but no graduations, making it pretty much useless. I find the date display hard to read, as the font uses an extremely narrow stroke width. Also, on my watch, the date numerals are not centered in the date window. The bracelet has no provision for adjustment other than removing or adding links. To me, this is too coarse, leaving me to choose between too tight and too loose. It would be better to have half-link or finer adjustment in the clasp. But the design of this clasp makes that impossible. Lastly, the disparity between Invicta's MSRP vs. street price (for all their watches) is laughable, to say the least.

The bad: Despite the appearances to the contrary, the crown and buttons do not screw down, leading me to doubt the water resistance claim is realistic. The instructions are very generic, and do not match the watch. For example, the instructions say to pull the crown to position 1 and rotate clockwise to advance day and counterclockwise to advance date. Well, date is advanced by rotating clockwise, and counterclockwise does nothing. Also, the crown position detent is almost nonexistant. Finding position 1 takes a lot of trial and error. Lastly, the day indicator is merely for decoration, and does not function.

If this watch were priced at one third of its $495 MSRP, I'd give it 2 stars. I gave it 4 because it's so inexpensive that I can forgive most of its shortcomings. It's basically a throw-away watch at $75. As a throw-away, it looks and feels really nice, and keeps great time. Just don't expect more than that.

> February 11, 2013
After having a series of light weight, modern, digital watches, I wanted something else. I wanted an adult mans watch that I could use every day. This watch answers all those questions. It's heavy, strong and I like the dark blue face. The numbers are large enough to read at a distance and I like the day feature. The only thing I would change is to make the date window bigger. This would make it easier to read.

> February 3, 2013
I bought it for my husband and he absolutely loved it. It works great.This watch has a simple and elegant face. If you're thinking about buying this watch, you will not be disappointed.


Negative Review:

> February 26, 2013
Good look, little more heavy than I expected and bigger than seems on pictures published, but I like it .


Visit store to see product video: Invicta-6621 Men Watch

Product Video: Invicta-6621

 

See More Review about Invicta-6621 Men Watch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment