Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

# Citizen-BL5250-02L Watch Review

Citizen-BL5250-02L Men Watch

Citizen Men's BL5250-02L Eco-Drive Perpetual Calendar Chronograph Watch


Positive Review:

> February 24, 2013
I was looking at far more expensive watches and this one meets most of the expectations. Citizen should be MUCH more clear on what 200m water resistance means. I was livid when I realized this is only able to be used for diving at 30'. I find it absurd to claim a device is water resistant to 200m when the seals will only only to a very small fraction (less than 1 tenth) of the advertised depth. I have no issue with the supplier, the item received was exactly what I ordered and came in perfect condition. The features on this watch do require careful reading of the user guide and even then are less than completely intuitive.

> February 13, 2013
I am overwhelmed by the functionality of this watch.
I bought it to keep time and look good.
It does both these things.

In addition, it has date, year, month, 24 hours, and alternate time modes!
It also has an alarm, but I haven't tried it. I honestly never use watch alarms because my phone alarm is way better anyway.

It seems to be driven by a microcontroller instead of some kind of mechanical process which is awesome. The crown is some kind of rotary encoder or switch rather than a mechanism. It's really good. Plus it runs on light. The Band fits my rather slender wrist at the second-to-last setting. If you have a really tiny wrist, the band might be too big. The leather bends pretty well too.


Negative Review:

> February 24, 2013
I love the idea of a watch that doesn't need batteries and uses light for charging, but these watches just aren't reliable. I bought an expensive titanium EcoDrive and after 6 years it needed an entirely new movement, for $90 to $180 cost, depending on who did the work. By comparison, I have a Seiko solar that is 12 years old and runs like a watch. If you check the web, you'll find that these EcoDrive watches actually do have a battery, which they just renamed a 'power cell' that is what stores the charge, and they also go bad, so don't think this watch won't need repair. I would caution anyone about sending Citizen watches to Hurley Roberts for repair, they wanted twice as much as sending directly to Citizen.

> February 12, 2013
The perpetual calendar may be a nice feature, but it is not worth the effort. I went through the set-up procedure and when I was finished the time was a few minutes slow. I could not figure out how to correct it. I returned the watch and exchanged it for a Citizen AT0940-50E regular chronograph. Having to correct the date 5 times a year is a small price to pay for straightforward operation.


Visit store to see product video: Citizen-BL5250-02L Men Watch
Product Video: Citizen-BL5250-02L

See More Review about Citizen-BL5250-02L Men Watch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment