Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

# Invicta-9937 Buyer Review

Invicta-9937 Men Watch

Invicta-9937 Men Watch


Invicta Men's 9937 Pro Diver Collection Coin-Edge Swiss Automatic Watch


Positive Review:

> March 20, 2013
This is a wonderful watch arrived one day earlier of the estimated. The pictures don't show the caliber of the watch and have screw down crown. I going put series of test. The first is this weekend diving to 50 meters. I hope that this watch is up for the test. Is more beautiful than my deep blue depth master watch. Well isn't a rolex but is a look alike and several thousand less. I like find 9937 in golden tone it would look great in my collection.

> March 15, 2013
I am very happy with my Invicta 9937. It looks as sharp in person as it does in the photos. It has a classic shape and profile, reminiscent of Rolex Deepsea. The size is perfect for my wrist, which means it is large enough to read and look nice without being ostentatious. It feels solidly built without little rattles or loose movements in the bracelet or clasp. It was not terribly difficult to remove the links in the bracelet myself, although it took me a few minutes to figure it out. It keeps good time and I haven’t had problems with it staying wound. I was surprised at the weight of the watch. It is much heavier than the Titanium Tissot that I had been wearing; so much so that the when I put my arm down the crown bit into my wrist enough to rub it raw for the first few days. I’ve built up a small callus by now and my wrist is no longer raw. So it is a non-issue now, but that first week it was really irritating. Also I wish the luminosity were brighter and lasted longer. It is fine initially in a pitch black closet, but in very dim light or near dark, it is just not bright enough for me. That being said, so far it is a very good watch; looking and feeling much more expensive than the $288 that I paid for it. I am pleased with this purchase and would definitely recomend it to others. I give it 4 stars, but after a longer experience with it, I may upgrade it to 5.

> March 10, 2013
I bought the 9937 Dec 2012 via Amazon.
With shipping to Canada, it came pretty close to 350$.

I didn't get the watch b/c I'm a fan of the "Rolex design" but it's got a swiss automatic movement and it's $300. Don't be naive and actually think the watch is worth $1400+ and you're getting a discount. It's just worth about $3-400. It's a marketing scheme.
Whenever I go into the sauna/steam room, I get complimented for the watch and they'd ask me if it's a real rolex (usually middle aged middle eastern men) I tell them it's not, but it's swiss and costs under $300. I can see that they're upset that they paid so much for their watch, but that's why they wear those watches.. for the brand name and to show their wealth/status.

I was hesitant whether or not to buy this b/c of the bad reviews of Invicta's QC and Customer service. I suppose it was a bit of a gamble.
I've heard such things as Jewels falling off, the illumination fading off, the bezel and the magnifying bubble not aligning, power reserve not holding up... etc.

So far, the watch works, it runs a little fast and gains about 1 min every 2~3 weeks. Hey, not bad for an automatic watch under $300 before tax/shipping.

I guess I got lucky and got one of the better pieces... or other people with 1star reviews just got the very few shitty ones that bypassed the QC.

Read the specs off of some other watch gurus... I'll give you what I notice with the watch I go in the mail.

Keeping it simple,

Accuracy: not bad... +1 min every 2~3 weeks. I correct it every 2-3 weeks, Not the end of the world folks...

Details and Fitting: no flaws found.120 clicks around the bezel,letters & etchings haven't rubbed off yet.

Illumination: very good. recharges very fast and I can read the damn thing in pitch dark.

Durability: very good. I've destroyed my previous automatic watch b/c it got banged up so many times, but with this, I don't have any problems. I'm in the army so I'm very active.. I work out/swim/go in the field with my watch and so far nothings wrong with the thing.

I don't dive more than 15m deep, but no leaks while I'm "diving", swimming, enjoying the steam room/sauna, in the field getting rained on.

Bracelet/Link: Once again, I wear this to the field all the time and it hasn't unbuckled, de-linked, broken, rusted, etc. on me.

In a nut shell, its a pretty solid watch for the price. If you buy it and there's a problem like some of the other folks, it's Amazon, just return it and order a new one.


Negative Review:

> March 27, 2013
I bought this watch which is similar to the model 8926OB but the difference is that this one is with Swiss mechanism instead of Japanese. Although the description mentions that the diameter of the dial is 42 mm, I found out that it is the same diameter exactly of the 8926OB which was described in Amazon having a diameter of 38 mm (very strange but this is not the first time that Amazon puts wrong information about the diameter of a dial of a watch I buy from them). Also awkwardly the packaging (the box and its contents) are very cheap comparing them again to the packaging of the 8926OB although this one has a premium price of $ 200 difference. As an overall the watch itself is better when it comes to the swiss mechanism and the thickness of the stainless steel band but I recommend for buyers buying this watch to go for the model 8926OB which is much much cheaper and the differences don't justify the 200 dollars difference.


Visit store to see product video: Invicta-9937 Men Watch

Product Video: Invicta-9937 Men Watch


See More Review about Invicta-9937 Men Watch