Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2013

# Tissot-PRC200 Buyer Review

Tissot-PRC200 Men Watch

Tissot-PRC200 Men Watch


Tissot Men's T17151632 T-Sport PRC200 Watch


Positive Review:

> March 20, 2013
Really recomend this watch!! Its pretty much nice than it appears in the photos and looks like a really expensive watch!!. Its perfect for womans!!! I didn't expected that much!!!

> March 9, 2013
I wanted to write a review on this particular watch, the Tissot Men's T17151632 T-Sport PRC200, that provides a slightly different perspective than one usually finds reading watch reviews. That is to say, I write from the perspective of a general watch skeptic, not an enthusiast. My personality is such that I can rationally understand, but never emotionally appreciate, spending lots of money on, or building a collection of, something's whose primary functional purpose is largely approximated by a five-dollar timepiece. Basically, I regard watches as solely jewelry, an extravagance that still remains one of the few things the well-dressed man can accessorize with. So, when I bought this in November 2012, I was looking for a "one-stop" watch that would satisfy my personal criteria: Ideally, my choice would last me a long time (durability), display the time accurately, and be aesthetically "clean" (minimal). Since I bought this watch, in November 2012, I'm happy to report that it is completely satisfying all those expectations; I'm really glad I stepped it up from where my usual budget might be to purchase it.

I wanted to take the time to highlight the few facets of the watch I really appreciate, in order of their importance to me:

1. Its versatility.

When I bought this, I wanted something that would pair with both casual and dressy outfits. I was primarily concerned with the former, because that's the style of outfit I wear most. I find the rough, chocolate brown strap of the watch really dresses things down; it feels perfectly natural, for me at least, to wear this with blue jeans and sneakers. It avoids the problem with other gold and silver watches I had previously owned that I never really felt I could pair with casual outfits. However, I've found this watch also serves well when I want to dress things up a bit; I missed it at first perusal, but the watch glimmers well because of its large size and the highly polished, wider, stainless steel side. I find it's a nice balance; my watch isn't constantly glimmering in mine or others' faces, which can be fairly ostentatious, but seems to catch the eye once and then let things be.

2. Its easy to read.

I hadn't really appreciated this from the pictures, but I find reading this watch much easier than my previous, lower-quality ones. It's a combination of the relatively bigger face, and the brilliant addition of the sapphire crystal glass, which is amazingly clear. My silver Citizen's face, which I wear less often now, seems very hazy in comparison, and I realize now that combined with the closeness of the minutes hash marks on that watch, meant that truthfully I never much was using it for telling actual time. I find now that with my Tissot, I am pulling my iPhone out less often and relying on the watch more to figure out when I need to get somewhere, which is great, particularly when I don't want to be distracted.

3. The watch face is simple, and minimalist.

I find the separation of the chronograph faces, instead of the artful way other watches combine them, makes that functionality slightly easier to use. At least, I find myself using the chronograph functions more with this watch, but perhaps it's its other worthy qualities that are driving that. Still, I love the choice of the colors Tissot used for the watch hands, a pale gray green (which is strongly luminscent in the dark), and the tiny dash of red found in two of the chronograph's numbers, which mix well with the stark clean white of the background. That aesthetic appreciation might be wholly sentimental, and probably not generalizable, but still, I still find myself occasionally looking at the face from time to time, just admiring it.

4. Tissot is a mid-market company providing value.

I did a little research Googling through watch forums before buying this watch, to double check the reputation of Tissot. It pleased to me to find that Tissot was in general endorsed, with commenters saying it was a mid-market Swiss company, providing value by including a few of the embellishments of much higher-priced watches. In particular, the sapphire crystal face, which I love, seems to be something that is rare at the price point this watch is being sold at. What pleased me most was that Tissot was mid-market, which I find for most things is where I derive the most value; unlike cheaper Citizens and Fossils I have owned prior, I don't expect this watch to just stop ticking on me anytime soon. Another impression I got was that Tissot was relatively unknown, which I was also happy to hear, because it meant I wasn't being fleeced by a "fashion watch" or some like, which are often sold at much higher prices than the "intrinsic" value of their components. Finally, reassuring to me was the fact Tissot is a Swiss company; Swiss and Japanese watch companies seem particularly recommended for the quality of their timepieces.

5. The price.

I was pleased at the price (and discount) I bought this watch at, because as mentioned earlier, Tissot seems to include a few of the embellishments of much higher priced watches in their products. The price was not too much and not little; it was not too much, because it was well within of my budget of around $750, the price of the single most useful item I own (my iPad). It was not too little, because I've had too many problems with batteries dying and watches stopping with lower-priced "legitimate" manufacturers, like Citizen and Fossil; in addition, it wasn't excessively discounted, like the wares of certain manufacturer. (The question that comes up in my mind: "If they're lying about the RRP, a price that their watches never sell at, what are else are they lying about?")

The one con that comes to mind: Couldn't Tissot include some instructions on how to open the deployment strap in the casing? Its opening seems to frustrate alot of people, including myself at the beginning. Some instructions or a video on their website would go a long way to alleviate those frustrations.

My verdict: I love this watch, and give it my most enthusiastic recommendation.

> March 1, 2013
I am pleased with this purchase. It is a good price for a darn nice looking watch. It looks better on my wrist than the pictures when I ordered. Other on-line watch purchases have dissappointed when it arrives but not this one. It's solid, handsome, sturdy. This is my first watch with the clasp style band and I like it.
Pro: face easy to read, glow in the dark hands, band connector, screw down main pin.
Con: perhaps a little heavy and thick for some (fine for me)


Tissot-PRC200 Men Watch

Tissot-PRC200 Men Watch


See More Review about Tissot-PRC200 Men Watch