Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

# Invicta-8926 Buyer Review

Invicta-8926 Men Watch

Invicta-8926 Men Watch


Invicta Men's 8926 Pro Diver Collection Automatic Watch


Positive Review:

> March 25, 2013
I am very pleased with this purchase.

The watch looks great. The 8926 shares the same basic concept as the Rolex Submariner 16610, if you're interested in comparing them. The glass back is very neat. This is my first automatic watch so it's cool to look at the movement in the back and to show others. The face has luminous marks and the hands have luminous marks as well. There is "INVICTA" engraved on the left side of the watch, but it is not too obvious and I don't think it's a big deal. I can't say I'm crazy about the cyclops for the date, but it is standard for the style. After a few years I may remove it (there are plenty of guides on youtube) but I'm not going to try anything now.

The construction feels solid. It has a good weight. The clasp is a little tough to undo at this point in time, but it should get easier. The same thing is the case with the bezel. It's very tough to rotate, but after a few revolutions I think I've made it a bit easier (or maybe just learned the best way to turn it). The crown is fairly easy to operate, although it took some practice finding the correct position for adjusting the date.

The movement is excellent as far as I can tell. When I bought it I thought it featured the Miyota movement, but indeed they have now begun putting a Seiko NH35A (still Japanese) in. There are a few differences between this movement and the Miyota that was previously in this watch. The Seiko is a hacking movement, and has bi-directional winding. It has 24 jewel bearings, but only two are visible through the back. I'm not sure what the power reserve is, but I've never had it die overnight.

My only complaint with this watch is it's very difficult to remove the pins on the band to resize it. With most watches it's possible to get them out with a hammer and thumbtack, but these wouldn't budge (and I was hitting them in the right direction). I'd highly recommend buying a band resize tool ($3) unless you have a very large wrist or want to pay a jeweler $10+.

> March 21, 2013
I love the watch, looks very classy and elegant, never had an automatic watch and its solid, a little heavier than my normal Seiko, but love it cause no need for batteries.

The positives are cool automatic features, so no batteries, the window behind is way too cool to see the moving parts.

Negatives is only that the straps when they click/connect, the connections are very stiff, you have to put lots of pressure to release it, so much so that I think its just cause its very new. The other negative is the magnifying feature for the date, the size is big enough, that is not needed.

The fact that its there, i can't look at the date number at an angle, has to be straight up, comparing to my Seiko, thats a little annoying but guess I have come to terms with it.

Just address those two issues and would make it a fantastic addition.

Adjustable strap is great, just a little tricky, but not rocket science, but its a solid watch that I love to wear now.

> March 4, 2013
This version is much better that the last INVICTA I bought. the face is pleasently large enough to look like a mans watch but not to big to be gaudy.
I love the autowind feature


Negative Review:

> March 29, 2013
I have a defective Invicta $70 watch from World of Watches that leaked the first time it saw water. Invicta required that I not only pay to return the watch to them at the US address, but they also required that I pay a $28 fee to send the defective $70 watch overseas to be repaired. So now I'm $35 into a repair on a $70 watch. It's been 4 months now since I sent the watch and I still haven't received it back. ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE! I discourage everyone from ever buying an Invicta watch.

> March 19, 2013
You get what you pay for it arrived packaged well . Worked for about 15 seconds and was dead . Would not work with auto wind or hand winding it . Complete junk .!!! Returned ASAP

> March 5, 2013
My Invicta 8926 worked just fine and looked perfect for the first 9 months. I babied it. Then I noticed little things like the time needing to be adjusted a few minutes every week or so... not a big deal so I let it slide. BIG MISTAKE. Now my warranty has expired, the watch is gaining 27 minutes a week (consistently), and the price of repair is almost the cost of a new watch! Aside from a few minor scratches on the crystal it still looks new.

Learn my lesson, if the time is not being kept well, don't let it slide! Better yet, look at the number of low rankings on Invicta products and just save yourself a headache. My 13 y/o Bulova is coming back out of retirement.


Visit store to see product video: Invicta-8926 Men Watch

Product Video: Invicta-8926 Men Watch


See More Review about Invicta-8926 Men Watch