Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

# Invicta-8932 Buyer Review

Invicta-8932 Men Watch

Invicta-8932 Men Watch


Invicta Men's 8932 Pro Diver Collection Silver-Tone Watch


Positive Review:

> March 29, 2013
I bought this as a gift for a 13 year old young man. He absolutely loved it! His neighbor took off some links for him and he put it on immediately. Good value and quality. I have bought this before and I would buy this again .

> March 26, 2013
Very close to a Rolex . Very well made watch. And good for 600 feet deep in diving. Very good craftmenship. Want a good watch? Get this one. Don't order Casio . There made very cheaply now adays. I went through 3 of them. Very crappy watches. Stick with this one and pay a little more. It's worth it

> March 20, 2013
Wear this watch for work. Gains about 10 seconds per month. That's great!!! The face does not scratch either. Have hit it pretty hard a couple of times, no marks. Great watch, would definitely buy another one!

> March 19, 2013
Watch waterproof 200 meters, which is very powerful, after swimming wouldn't have to pick a table. The wrist size is very suitable for Oriental, black dial is composed, the atmosphere, full of charm. Loved it!

> March 3, 2013
This watch is an attractive perfectly-sized watch for me, i.e., not too big not too small. The only qualms I have about the watch is its description of a Pro Diver Watch. Since it does not have screw down crown, I believe it is not suitable for SCUBA and/or skin diving however it meets the needs for a muff diver perfectly. Lack of a screw down crown limits this rating to four-stars in my estimation.


Negative Review:

> March 14, 2013
While adjusting the date/time upon receipt I noticed that the watch I received did not have a screw-down crown as the same model purchased in 2010 had. To be sure I hadn't erroneously ordered the wrong model, I compared the model numbers on the cases of both watches, which were identical: 8932a.

I am highly active in both water and land sport and expect my favorite watch to survive the same set of conditions I survive. Watches are meant to be worn and I consider them as equipment and not fashion accessories, therefore I'm not overly worried about incidental damage. After a lifetime of experience destroying watches I've settled upon the following features as necessities:

-100m or more water resistance (I swim freestyle and anything less invariably leaks).
-Dark background with light colored hour markings and hands (improves low light visibility)
-Luminescent markings (for no light conditions)
-Rotating bezel for time keeping
-Date (and if available day)
-Metal case and band for durability (I don't enjoy having to find a replacement band that fits - especially early in a watches life)
-A hardened crystal comparable to sapphire

I have a Seiko sport 150 from the 90's that has all of these features and is still in working order with the following wear:

-Some of the metal markings are worn off on the bezel
-The luminescence is virtually non-existent
-Of course the battery has been replaced a few times
-The crystal is in remarkably good condition except for a minor scratch and a chip
-The band is still the original one, through I've had to replace a few pins
-The bezel works but is hard to turn

Now for the 2010 Invicta:
-Metal has very minor scratches
-I've repaired the band several times (I think the heaviness of the watch is to blame - but new pins are cheap and easy to fix)
-The luminescence still lasts entirely through the night, though dimly.
-The bezel works flawlessly (I especially like the luminescent mark on the bezel for marking time in no-light conditions).
-The time keeping has been perfect (losing 1 second every couple of months vs. my atomic clocks)
-The watch has never leaked - though once after a battery change (I have a watch repair kit and replacement gaskets) it would fogged up in the cold. I solved this within a day by leaving it with the case open overnight in a bag with some dry-rid)
-Recently the stem came out while adjusting the time (I was able to fix this miraculously, but this has never happened on my Seiko)

Overall: The Invicta has held up well, though not quite as well as the much older Seiko. It was however 1/4 of the cost of my Seiko. However, as the current model being sold as the 8932a does not have a screw-down crown, I would not take the risk with this model as waterproofness continues to be a key criterion in my decision making process at this price point, and so I returned the new version and went back to using the older one.


Visit store to see product video: Invicta-8932 Men Watch

Product Video: Invicta-8932 Men Watch


See More Review about Invicta-8932 Men Watch