Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

# Invicta-8926OB Buyer Review

Invicta-8926OB Men Watch

Invicta-8926OB Men Watch


Invicta Men's 8926OB Pro Diver Collection Coin-Edge Automatic Watch


Positive Review:

> March 20, 2013
There's not a lot to say that hasn't been said before. This watch obviously isn't a Rolex. Aside from the obvious and legally-obligatory cosmetic differences, there are subtle differences that devotees will still catch immediately.
I, like many others, bought this watch as a cheap, close alternative to the real thing. I have no desire to pass this off as a real Sub, and if I find myself in a situation that would allow me to own the real thing one day, I can appreciate the brand enough to drop the money for it, even with the understanding that the name carries a heavy load of the price.
My point is that one should have a clear perspective when looking at this watch. You can turn your nose up at it for being a cheap knock-off that gives the greater watch-seeking public an easy way out, or you can buy it and delude yourself into believing you are wearing a superior product because a $6,000 watch is ridiculous. Both are fair and happen all too frequently, but I propose a third option: wear it for what it is, acknowledge what you want it to be, and ultimately just keep your perspective clear. This is a good mechanical watch for $90. It's no Rolex 5513, but at this price, it's only abbot speed bump in saving for the real thing anyway.

> March 19, 2013
I've owned several Invicta watches before, but this one is by far the best. Although it's ostensibly identical to two of my previous ones, it's better made and more functional. First off, it kept perfect time for me from Day One. My earlier models required a few weeks of "settling in" before I could completely rely on them for accurate time, but this one did not need any such grace period.

Second, they made some sort of improvement to the date window so the number in it is now much easier to read. I can't tell if they changed the size of the numerals or boosted the magnification, but whatever they did is a terrific improvement. Very helpful for my middle-aged eyes!

Third, the rotating bezel turns much more easily and securely. I use this feature to time events throughout my work day and find it far more user-friendly than on previous Invicta watches.

Finally, the best detail yet is that when I'm setting the time on it, I can make the second hand come to a complete stop. I couldn't do this on any previous Invicta's, but finally I can do so with this one. This improvement allows me to synchronize the watch's time precisely with the time on my computer, on other watches, etc. I LOVE that!

I bought this watch to be a "backup" but it has quickly become my main, everyday timepiece. It's a gem!

> March 6, 2013
This watch is outstanding. I own some nicer pieces along with some affordable watches from Seiko, Timex, Casio, Etc. This Invicta and outstanding watch for the money, you cannot buy more for less.

Positives

- Seiko NH35A Automatic Movement. Which is hackable (meaning the second hand stops when adjusting the time), and can hand wind. Just unscrew the screw-down crown, and turn clock-wise to hand wind. Pull one more position to set the date, and one more to set the time.

- Crystal back case to view the 24 jewel movement

- 200 Meter Rating

- Quality feel of rotating bezel, not too easy to turn.

- Weighty feel of the watch

- Looks like a nice homage to the Rolex Submariner without being a complete fake.

- Looks amazing on a Nato strap.

Negatives:

- The finish on the lug ends isn't the best

- First watch sent by Amazon came in a nice large box, packaged perfectly, but the watch itself had some minor cosmetic defects. The 2nd watch Amazon sent as a replacement came in a smaller box, wasn't packaged well, but the watch itself was nearly flawless.

Conclusion:

I normally stick with Seiko or Casio in the affordable watch sector, but this Invicta is absolutely wonderful. Where can you get a NH35A Seiko Automatic Movement, with 200 meter rating, rotating bezel, screw down crown, and crystal case back for less than $90?


Negative Review:

> March 29, 2013
Watch is nice, unfortunately it gains about 10 minutes in a 24 hour period. A little bit of +/- is expected on an automatic watch, but that's beyond unacceptable. Thankfully Amazon has shipped me out another one overnight. I trust eventually I'll get one that works properly. Other than that, the watch is as nice as a knockoff sub can be. Looking forward to the replacement. Looking even more forward to the day I can stop being a broke ass and just getting the real version.

> March 14, 2013
I just received 8926 with the coin edge bezel today and it was defective right out of the box. The rotor neither spins freely nor completely around. If I spin the watch around while looking through the case back the rotor remains motionless. If I wrist snap the watch near my ear I can neither hear the rotor spinning nor do I feel it spinning.
I'm not that disappointed. I can't say I've ever had a great Invicta watch in my hands. Sometimes Invicta puts a watch together with the minimum amount of competency. Sometimes they can't be bothered to make a watch where the hands will stay on the dial or...where the rotor will spin as it was designed to do.

> March 12, 2013
Had this watch for 18mos before I dove with it on. First dive to 28' it flooded. Paid the $28 to ship back to Invicta warranty repair (apparently buying through Amazon extended the warranty to 5yrs). After 6 weeks they tell me the repair (fogging) isn't covered under warranty and will cost an additional $46.00. So I would have $74.00 in a repair that was supposedly under warranty on a watch that I paid $49.00 to begin with. I refused the repair and haven't heard back from Invicta nor do I have my watch.

18mos use good looking watch, if I hadn't gone diving it would still be working. Lost a little time but nothing major. You do the math, if you are looking for a "Folex" Submariner on the cheap and don't dive with it. I can't say don't buy it. But if you dive, avoid.


Visit store to see product video: Invicta-8926OB Men Watch

Product Video: Invicta-8926OB Men Watch


See More Review about Invicta-8926OB Men Watch