Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

# Tissot-PRC-200 Men Watch Review

Tissot-PRC-200 Men Watch

 

Tissot Men's T17158652 PRC 200 Chronograph Watch

 

Positive Review: 

> November 13, 2012
My wife bought me the white face for my bday afew years ago & since then only had to change the battery once and it looks as new as the day I got it. I love this watch so much I decided to buy the black face.

> October 23, 2012

For years I've always been disdainful of super-expensive watches, when the logic is simply "why spend thousands of dollars on a Patek Phillipe or Rolex when a Casio will serve me just as well?" As I closed on my 40th birthday, I began to research and found that good, sturdy watches can be found for far less than I thought.

What sold me on this particular watch is the stark contrast of the yellow second hand on the black background (my team colours, no less!), which resembles the speedometer of a racing car, but still somehow maintains enough refinement so as to go well with a tuxedo. Initially it feels heavy--like a serious watch should feel--but upon wearing it you appreciate the heft a lot more. I opted for the stainless steel band merely as a personal preference (I don't care for leather bands, and I feel the steel is more secure), and you will need to clean it every so often, just like any watch. The sapphire crystal means that you also won't be treating the watch like it's made of fine china or worrying about scratches or dings.


I get a lot of compliments on the watch, and like most of the other reviewers have said, it looks and feels like it should cost much more than it actually does, but you don't sacrifice quality. It's a man's watch but my wife absolutely loves it.


> October 4, 2012

I was surprised with the watch. Seriously, after all these reviews I've read here I was a bit afraid, because I first ordered it and after read the reviews; pretty dumb, but after I opened the package I let out a big *whoooosh* and felt relieved that it was as I hoped it to be, one nice sturdy watch with guarantee and all, nicely packed. Perfect gift if you ask me, I don't know what watch did others get, but mine was the one I ordered. I would recommend it to anyone looking for something sporty looking, not too flashy but not too idle either.

 

Negative Review: 

> December 10, 2012
where's the warranty card? I received my watches but there is no warranty card, only the customer support card that SAYS there is supposed to be a warranty card inside. I know that we at least get a manufacturer's warranty along with all products so I'm confused. The box was not sealed so something seems fishy here.

> November 19, 2012

Great watch, until after 4 years it started to last only about 8 months on a battery.
Had it diagnosed by the Tissot service centre in South Africa (swatch group).
Cost of service (sounds like they replace the movement), same as what I paid for the watch...
Nobody there can give me an estimation of how long the watch should last between services.
I thus have to assume it will again only last 4 years.
Servicing it every 4 years I may as well do the consumerism thing, throw it in the bin and buy something else.
Being a supposedly good swiss made watch I was hoping for it to last a bit more than 4 years - even though it is an affordable one.
Or am I expecting too much?

> October 16, 2012

It's a good looking watch, but it came with some of the hands misaligned. Did some searching and it turns out it's a problem more common than I would've thought. Beware!

Luckily Amazon has a great return policy :)

 

See More Detail about Tissot-PRC-200 Men Watch

1 comment: