Pages

Saturday, December 22, 2012

# Invicta-8926 Men Watch Review

Invicta-8926 Men Watch

Invicta Men's 8926 Pro Diver Collection Automatic Watch


Positive Review:

> December 2, 2012
I chose this wristwatch when looking for a durable one that didn't require a battery. I needed a watch that was water resistant enough for shallow diving, swimming, fishing, and kayaking. I also wanted it to be rugged enough for any other land-based activities I would be doing. I didn't need any of the other functions available on a digital, because I now have a handheld GPS and a phone that can perform those tasks as required. This watch is very solidly constructed, keeps perfect time, and never needs manual winding. Also, the dial glows brightly in the dark after being exposed to light indoors for just a short time. After owning it now for three months, I would say that the price I paid for it was also an outstanding value when compared with the quality of the product I received.

> November 28, 2012
Due to the numerous poor reviews on this watch I hesitated purchasing through Amazon. As a result I took it off my list. Then in June I came across the watch at a store I frequent. I paid thirty $ more there, but felt that I would have more recourse if the watch did not perform properly.
I cannot explain why at the time of this writing 88 people have reviewed this watch poorly (1 star). I have had NO problems with my watch at all. It is the Invicta Men's 8926 Pro Diver Collection Automatic Watch. It comes in a very nice presentation box, it is well made using a stainless steel case and band with a security clasp. It features a mineral crystal that is definitely scratch resistant (not as good as oyster crystal, but look at the price) and the back is clear so you can see the movement. It is also water resistant to 660 feet. I am not a diver, but around the farm I am in and out of water (elbow deep) all day. I have lost many a watch to water damage. This one seems to be true to its billing.
The bracelet is definitely large enough to comfortably be worn over a neoprene dive suit. I prefer a loose fitting band, so made no adjustments. However if you prefer a tighter fit a jeweler could remove links easily.
As far as keeping time, in the 4 1/2 months I've had this watch, I have had to re-set about once a month to add a minute each time. For an inexpensive automatic watch, this is impressive.
I'm only giving the watch four stars simply because I have had it less than a year. If it keeps time and stays dry for a year I will raise the approval to five stars.
Still, for the price...This is a gem, and I have already been impressed enough to make this my everyday watch. I wear it while working on the farm as well as out on the town. It looks and runs that well.



Negative Review:

> December 9, 2012
It's wonderful looking and takes a good beating, but it's dead after approx. 1-1/2 years

-Purchased at Costco for a great price
-Looks as close as a non illegal replica can look
-everything was at LEAST worth the $59 price (on sale from $109)
-6 months in the crown started popping out randomly
-within the year the time would randomly stop
-6 months ago watch stopped completely
-People here are correct that Invicta requires a check be sent to work on a warranty item (are they Microsoft or Ford Motors now??)

Costco took it back, they gave me crap as usual, but they did. For those of you wondering about that last comment, Costco Wholesale Club doesn't have an actual return policy except for TV's, Cell Phones, Certain electronics etc...so it's up to them whether they will take something back in 2 days or 4 years. Anyway I digress, I have Fossil, Timex, Seiko, and various fashion watches that are working after 5 years with only a dead battery issue. I think my old Swatch from the 80's worked for about 5 years. I'm truly sorry I wore it for that long but that's a different story altogether...

Invicta will bite you in the bum down the road. You'll end up regretting the purchase, I'm sure of it. 


> December 7, 2012
Not impressed with this brand because it stopped working rediculously fast.

This watch didn't even last 6 months of gentle wear.

One of my old watches I wrapped around the steering wheel of my old truck so I would have a clock in it. Years of hanging out in the truck, hot or cold, it kept working. And this was after I had worn it for years as my outside work watch. It was a Mickey mouse watch I picked up years ago on a trip to Disney. I had outgrown it.

I now know I should have appreciated my old watches, wish i had never given them to the local thrift shop when they weren't shinny and new looking after years and years of wearing.

This brand didn't last even six months of office wear.

 


1 comment:

  1. Great review. Not so long ago I also bought this nice
    Seiko Black Monster watch. Keep writing, mate :)

    ReplyDelete