Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

# Timex-Ironman-50-Lap Men Watch Review

Timex-Ironman-50-Lap Men Watch


Timex Ironman 50 Lap Watch

 

Positive Review: 

> December 4, 2012
I bought this watch at the behest of my running coach. We use it on days when we're on the track to make sure my pacing is correct and steady throughout each lap.

Looks: I like the orange, it's bright and fun, and allows me to wear it out and not just when I'm running.

Use: It works exactly as you would expect it to. The display is large and clear (although if you like bigger watches you may want want to checkout the XL version). The buttons are easy to reach and press while running. One note about the buttons: they are intentionally meant to be not overly sensitive, so make sure you hear the beep when you press the split button for example, otherwise you didn't press hard enough.

I have no comment to make on the battery since I have not had it long enough.

Overall it's a great watch and I would highly recommend it.

 

Negative Review: 

> October 4, 2012
This is a really nice watch. If you do the Jeff Galloway run-walk-run program, this watch does have two interval timers that work perfectly for that. I used this watch to do it tonight.

I figured out how to do everything, including the two interval timers, in less than 10 minutes without using the manual. It is really intuitive. The display is large and clear. It is light and not too thick. You can use both interval timers and the chronograph, and still put the display on the time if you like.

So, why three stars? The last two Timex watches I've owned lasted just a few months past the warranty period and died. I vowed to never buy another Timex after that. Then I started running with the run-walk-run program. I used the Impetus timer with my smartphone for a while, but got tired of that. Then I got a Gymboss timer. That was great for 5 months, then it died.

So I got another Timex. I'm hoping for the best, but expecting to be disappointed. It really is a fantastic watch though, so if you want to take a chance on Timex quality control, or lack thereof, try this one.

 

See More Detail about Timex-Ironman-50-Lap Men Watch

 

No comments:

Post a Comment