Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

# Invicta-9937 Men Watch Review

Invicta-9937 Men Watch

Invicta Men's 9937 Pro Diver Collection Coin-Edge Swiss Automatic Watch

 

Positive Review: 

> December 26, 2012
Initial impression of this watch is outstanding. I am reviewing based upon the amount of money spent.

First off visually this watch is far better looking than any photos depict. When you take the gloss and reflections out of the photos and present a flat 2 dimensional view it is nothing in comparison. This really is a gorgeous watch. Contrast of the brushed and polished stainless really pops in person. The 3 dimensional hour markers with lume surrounded by polished rings really stand out. The hands are thinner than expected and lend to the look of a precision timepiece.

Fit, finish and feel are outstanding. Bezel is precise feeling and has 120 clicks. Watch is heavy for it's size and you can really tell the difference between the band on this watch compared to the 8926. Clasp is very secure yet still opens without peeling back a fingernail. Movement is smooth and hand placement is right on. This watch is the perfect size and weight for an everyday watch. I live in a cold climate so this watch is perfect with long sleeves, coats, gloves, etc. Small by comparison to much of what is out there now days but easily readable in all light levels. Lume is ok. Cyclops over the date is larger than the 8926 and easier to see at wider angles.

After 2 weeks the time is about 20 seconds slow which for a budget priced automatic is pretty impressive. I have not fully tested the reserve, but I have skipped wearing it almost 2 full days and it continued to run. It is hack-able so watch geeks can synchronize.

Overall I am quite pleased with this watch and feel it carries greater value than its $239 price tag.

> September 21, 2012
I've had this watch for three weeks now. I purchased this particular watch based on a recommendation of a friend who is a collector and very knowledgable. The Pro Diver 9937 is very clean and elegant. It looks as good in jeans and a t-shirt as it does when worn with a suit. The watch has a nice amount of weight and it keeps good time. I have no reservations about recommending this product.

When purchased from Amazon the Pro Diver is eligible for a free upgrade to the Platinum warranty plan (5 years as opposed to 1 year of coverage with the standard warranty). However, getting the upgrade isn't as intuitive as it should be. Clicking on the link to the Platinum warranty on the amazon product page brings up an image of the standard warranty. I called Amazon and they gave me Invicta's number. I called Invicta and was instructed to go to their website to register the watch. I did so and even after entering the platinum warranty number that came with the watch it still registered as a one year standard warranty. Only when I called Invicta again did the customer service agent manually change the warranty to a 5 year plan. So - the watch is a great value for the money but registering for the free Platinum warranty took a bit more effort than it should have.

 

Negative Review: 

> December 9, 2012
At the 6 month anniveray, my watch stopped working. For $300, I would expect the watch to last more than 6 months. Yes, it has a 1 year manufacturer warranty, but you have to pay $25 for shipping and handling. Plus there are numerous restrictions to the warranty. I won't be surprised if my watch doesn't make it back to me after mailing it to get fixed. My advice, don't buy an Invicta watch.

> November 26, 2012
nice looking watch with a good weight and feel but not a reliable piece. Had the watch for 60 days and it stopped working.

Invicta has terrible service expect at least a 90 day turn on any repairs needed to your watch.

Go ahead and buck-up for an automatic like the hamilton or tissot for another $150 or so. The frustration and lack of service alone is more than worth the extra cost.

The hamilton and tissot use real ETA and Valjoux movements - very reliable and proven in some high end brands. Hamilton is suggested because it is an american company with a long & stable history

 

See More Detail about Invicta-9937 Men Watch 

 

5 comments:

  1. Great review! I also was wondering of buying invicta 9937 watch. I did that a half year ago and I am amazed with it. I also wrote review about it and what can I say, it one of the best watches in this price range :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your website has very good Invicta 9937 Review. Here is another good review I found online which has the comparison chart between 9937 and 8926.

    http://www.squidoo.com/invicta-9937-review-and-price <==

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had two NH35A equipped Invicta's and they have been reliable for the year or so I've had them. Don't expect a tight solid feel and high scratch resistance from the case, bracelet or mineral crystal. 316L and sapphire is the way to go with solid end links. It's worth the difference.

    ReplyDelete